Temper Condition: annealed
Chemical composition as per ASTM B393 -99 R04210
Physical & Mechanical property :
Tensile strength 125 MPa min.
Yield strength 73 MPa min.
Size : Thickness 0.025 up to 1.0mm x width up to 650mm
in one continuous coil with three EB welding parts
which will be marked or not at buyer's option and
each coil weighs 25kgs approx.
Typical and Latest Application: it was formed niobium cup electrode
(Nb electrode) by the deep drawing process, used in CCFL
(Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) for backlight in large TVs
and TFT LCD monitor, and for thinner frames in laptop,
replacing the conventional nickel cup electrode (Ni electrode)
made of Nickel strip, increasing a higher brightness by 5-10%
than the current mainstream nickel electrode (Ni electrode)
lamps, furthermore, achieved lower power consumption and
longer lifetime by lowering heat and improving light emission efficiency.
Standard Specification ASTM B 393 -05 for Niobium Ribbon, Niobium Alloy Ribbon, Niobium Strip, Niobium Alloy Strip, Niobium Foil, Niobium Alloy Foil, Niobium Sheet, Niobium Alloy Sheet, Niobium Plate, Niobium Alloy Plate.
This specification covers five grades of wrought Niobium Ribbon, Niobium Alloy Ribbon, Niobium Strip, Niobium Alloy Strip, Niobium Foil, Niobium Alloy Foil, Niobium Sheet, Niobium Alloy Sheet, Niobium Plate, Niobium Alloy Plate as follows: (Committee B10 has adopted "niobium" as the designation for Element No. 41, formerly named "columbium".)
1. ASTM B 393 -05 UNS R04200 -Type 1, Reactor grade unalloyed niobium;
2. ASTM B 393 -05 UNS R04210 -Type 2, Commercial grade unalloyed niobium;
3. ASTM B 393 -05 UNS R04251 -Type 3, Reactor grade niobium alloy containing 1% zirconium;
4. ASTM B 393 -05 UNS R04261 -Type 4, Commercial grade niobium alloy containing 1% zirconium;
5. ASTM B 393 -05 UNS R0xxxx -Type 5, Residual Resistivity Ratio(RRR) grade pure niobium.
RRR values : guaranteed min. RRR 300 *,
* the Residual Resistivity Ratio RRR is defined as the ratio of electrical resistivity at 295K to electrical resistivity at 4,2K.